FRONTAL LOBE "Emotional control centre & home to our personality"
- Motor function/initiation Problem solving/judgement/decision making/reasoning
- Social and sexual behaviour/impulse control
PARIETAL LOBE "What we feel & how we perceive"
1st functional area: Sensation and Perception
- Integrates sensory information to form a single perception
- Represents world around us
- Processing of nerve impulses related to: touch, pain, temp, taste, pressure etc (information from mechanoreceptors, chemoreceptors, nociceptors)
- Hearing, Memory, Meaning, Language
- Interpreting and processing auditory stimuli
- Play a role in emotion and learning
- Recognition of words
- Memory of verbal material
- Brain's ability to recognise objects